My bestselling book (so far) is Creating a Charmed Life. It’s not new anymore – it was actually published in 1999: another millennium! – but I feel it was a gift, a book that came more through me than from me. Since I wrote that book, and a tenth anniversary sequel, Living a Charmed Life, people always ask me what are the building blocks of my own charmed Life. These are what they look like to me today. If you can use any of them, help yourself:Remembering every minute of my life that I’m never alone and always loved
- Being grateful for the big and little miracles of my life, starting with a 10-item gratitude list as my first thought each morning
- Talking with my beautiful “action partner” at 6:45 a.m.: we hold each other accountable for living our dreams
- Stretching before bed and upon arising – in yoga they say “You’re as young as your spine”
- Juicing apple, kale, celery, and lemon to take to the gym – it’s a vitality infusion
- Appreciating my husband, my daughter, and my whole extended family — dogs included, of course
- Doing a little something every day to help alleviate some little part of the suffering in the world
- Putting my whole self into whatever writing, speaking, teaching, and coaching are on my calendar
- Enjoying fresh, healthy vegan food — lots of it raw
- Delighting in the wonder that God and I got me New York City and, after thirteen years, living here still thrills me.
I hope my little list will jump-start yours. What’s in your life today that is downright magical? Love it, grab it, do it — take it off the back burner if that’s where it’s been. There are no accidents: you’re only reading this because you deserve a charmed life.