December 6 - 11
May 15 - 20, 2020
July 31 - Aug 5, 2020
October 16 - 21, 2020
Upper Manhattan, New York
(The city that never sleeps is like Disneyland for vegans.)
SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW
Change Your Life. Change the World.
Become a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator (VLCE).
We get it: you’re passionate. You're determined to bring about a vegan world.
At Main Street Vegan Academy, we have this same passion, and we know that equipping you for the task ahead demands a personalized, professional, in-depth, real-life adventure. Because this is what it takes, this is what we offer.
MSVA’s founder and director Victoria Moran, a legendary vegan lauded by VegNews Magazine among the Top 10 Living Vegetarian Authors, featured twice on Oprah, and one of the pioneers of the modern animals rights, vegan, and whole foods movements. In addition, you’ll be upclose and personal with our fabulous faculty, including vegan luminaries from medicine, dietetics, animal rights and animal law, fashion, business, cuisine and more. These are connections it can take years to build. Here, you get them in six days.
Our deep-dive intensive requires that you travel to New York City, where you will learn from some of the best and the brightest in the vegan and plant-based space and take field trips to delightful restaurants and cutting-edge businesses. Upon successful completion of the program, you will you earn the respected certification “Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator (VLCE).”
Click here to apply for our academy.
Check out this video featuring some of our faculty and graduates:
Video by: Steven Speliotis, Speliotis Video,NYC
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of vegan nutrition
- Nutrition throughout the life cycle
- Diet in the prevention and reversal of disease
- History of the vegetarian and vegan movements
- Overview of animal rights and animal law
- Environmental implications of animal agriculture
- Animal use and abuse in fashion, and vegan alternatives
- How to do a food demo
- Techniques of vegan lifestyle coaching and counseling
- Using food as activism
- Working with mixed (vegan/non-vegan) and transitional families
- Public speaking for vegan educators and entrepreneurs
- Building your brand, and marketing for success
- Finding your niche in today’s vegan business scene
- Client attraction and business development
- Digital marketing for VLCEs
Here's what they're saying about us in Forbes.com:
Robert Ostfeld, MD
Marty Davey, MS, RD
Doc G (Fred Beasly II)
Chef Fran Costigan
Your instructors include major voices in the vegan/plant-based world. Among them are:
- Robert Ostfeld, MD, cardiologist, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Joshua Katcher, fashion designer, BraveGentleman
- Chef Fran Costigan, author, Vegan Chocolate
- Doc G (Fred Beasley II), director, NYC Hip Hop Is Green
- JL Fields, VLCE, author and consultant
- Marty Davey, MS, RD, registered dietitian, University of South Carolina
- Mariann Sullivan, JD, Columbia Law School professor, cofounder Our Hen House
- David Benzaquen, president, Plant-Based Solutions
- Tatiana Forero-Puerta, philosophy professor, author Yoga for the Wounded Heart
- Martin Rowe, publisher, Lantern Books, fellow, Brighter Green Environmental Action Tank
- Ethan Ciment, DPM, and Michael Suchman, VLCE, TheVeganMos.com
- John Joseph, Ironman triathlete and lead singer, The CroMags
- Sharon Nazarian, BigCityVegan.com
Founder and Director Victoria Moran
Victoria Moran is a force of nature. At 14, armed with credentials from a teen magazine, she attended her first Beatles press conference. She’s been surprising herself ever since.
Victoria went vegan in 1983; overcame a binge-eating disorder; wrote Compassion the Ultimate Ethic, the first book about veganism to come from an actual publisher, in 1985; raised a vegan daughter (aerialist and stunt performer, Adair Moran); wrote 12 additional books and has another on the way; and appeared twice on Oprah.
Her books including Main Street Vegan, Creating a Charmed Life, Shelter for the Spirit, and The Love-Powered Diet have been praised by Neal Barnard, MD, Ellen Degeneres, musician Moby, filmmaker Michael Moore, Dean Ornish, MD, Marianne Williamson, and former President Bill Clinton.
Victoria hosts the award-winning Main Street Vegan Podcast, and she was voted Peta’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50 in 2016, serving alongside male winner, Joel Kahn, MD. She is also producer of the 2019 documentary, A Prayer for Compassion.
When you come to Main Street Vegan Academy, you will be hosted daily by Victoria herself, who teaches two formal classes and presides over the program as a whole.
Some Of Our Graduates
We have some 450 graduates from 28 countries on 6 continents. Here are a few of them:
Check out some of our grads' sites and businesses:
New York City
May 15 - 20
July 31 - Aug 5
October 16 - 21
6 days, Friday afternoon to Wednesday midday.
Being a dietary vegan over 18 who satisfactorily completes the application, reads or listens to the 7 required books (list sent upon acceptance), and listens to 21 hours of the Main Street Vegan podcast.
Your investment for the program is $1995, with a $250 discount if you pay upfront within 30 days, bringing your cost down to $1745. Otherwise, you may pay a deposit of $495 within 30 days of acceptance, and pay the $1500 balance within 30 days of the start of your course. We strongly recommend that you pay early and get the discount. We accept all credit cards, as well as PayPal. Please apply only if you are serious about attending and you have the means to cover your tuition.
We are located in South Harlem half a block from the #2 and #3 subway line, easily accessible from the Upper West Side. Upon acceptance, we send you a list of nearby accommodations in a variety of price ranges, either within walking distance or an easy subway or Lyft/Uber/taxi ride away.
Each class is discretely scheduled to accommodate instructor availability. Generally speaking, you’ll be in class from approximately 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm on Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:30p.m. Sat.-Tues., and 8:30 a.m. to 1 pm on Wednesday. If you want to make this a vacation in NYC, we recommend adding a day or two onto your trip.
There are terrific classes out there and MSVA celebrates all our colleagues in their important work. What sets us apart is: (1) We’re in person, not online – this is a powerful life experience; (2) We cover every aspect of vegan living, equipping you with well-rounded expertise; (3) We inspire you to actively use your VLCE to change this world for the better; (4) You’re free to disseminate these ideas in your own way; (5) Although we offer an in-depth master class for graduates every two years, no continuing education is required to keep you a VLCE in good standing.
No. This is a reasonable question until you actually go through the Academy. Then you’ll know that it’s like asking if you can take your honeymoon online. For some life experiences, you just have to be there.
- This course is designed to help you guide others to thrive with a vegan lifestyle. While you will receive at least 4.5 hours of health and nutrition training, you will not be a nutritionist. Being a certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator does NOT qualify you to provide medical advice or treat any illness. Any person looking to undergo a major change in diet should consult a licensed healthcare professional.
- This is also not a culinary program: your expertise upon completion of this course will be to teach, guide, and counsel individuals and groups about vegan eating and living, as well as align the entrepreneurial gifts and talents you may bring to the table with your desire for extended vegan outreach.
- While we give you a jam-packed educational experience in a short period of time and the support of our active alumni group afterwards, we make no guarantees about what any graduate will or will not accomplish upon completion of our program. Many of our graduates have successful practices and/or vegan businesses — and we can put you in touch with some of these if you’d like. We cannot, however, promise this outcome for everyone, nor do we promise that any graduate will necessarily earn income as a result of taking this course.
- This is a certification program in which men and women who are already vegan learn to teach and counsel others. It is not a how-to-go-vegan course. If you’re looking for this kind of help, check out the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, free and online, from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Subscribe and get the latest news