MSV-Zoom (in process now) ~ Four summer weekends in June, July, and August
MSV-Zoom (live online) ~ Four winter weekends: January 23-24, February 6-7 & February 20-21, & March 6-7, 2021
MSV-Elite (live, in-person, experiential intensive in NYC] ~ July 16-21, 2021
MSV-Zoom courses are online from the convenience of your own home. All sessions are recorded should you miss one.
MSV-Elite courses are 5.5 magical and life-changing days in Upper Manhattan, New York. (The city that never sleeps is like Disneyland for vegans, as you'll experience this on our fabulous field trips!)
SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW
Change Your Life. Change the World.
Become a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator (VLCE).
We get it: you’re passionate. You're determined to bring about a vegan world.
At Main Street Vegan Academy, we share this passion, and we know that equipping you for the task ahead demands a personalized, professional, in-depth, real-life experience. Because this is what it takes, this is what we offer -- in two powerful formats, each designed to fit your lifestyle, your needs, and your budget.
MSV-Zoom brings you the full academic program of Main Street Vegan Academy and the respected VLCE certification in a live, interactive, cost-effective online program that you'll complete over 4 weekends (with some free weekends in between). Our faculty includes luminaries from medicine, dietetics, animal rights, fashion, business, cuisine and more, some of the best and the brightest in the vegan and plant-based space.
MSV-Elite is our one-of-a-kind intensive in New York City. In addition to the unparalleled Main Street Vegan Academy coursework, you'll be upclose and personal with MSVA’s founder and director Victoria Moran and our stellar faculty. Connections like these can take years to build. Here, you get them in six days. And we take memorable field trips to wonderful restaurants and cutting-edge New York City vegan businesses.
Click here to apply for one of our certification courses.
Check out this video featuring some of our faculty and graduates:
Video by: Steven Speliotis, Speliotis Video, New York City
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of vegan nutrition
- Nutrition throughout the life cycle
- Diet in the prevention and reversal of disease
- History of the vegetarian and vegan movements
- Overview of animal rights and animal law
- Environmental implications of animal agriculture
- Animal use and abuse in fashion, and vegan alternatives
- How to do a food demo
- Techniques of vegan lifestyle coaching and counseling
- Working with mixed (vegan/non-vegan) and transitional families
- Public speaking for vegan educators and entrepreneurs
- Building your brand, and marketing for success
- Finding your niche in today’s vegan business scene
- Client attraction and business development
- Digital marketing for VLCEs
Here's what Forbes.com has to say about us:
MSV-Zoom takes place over 4 weekends, approximately 10 a.m. to 4:30 PM U.S. Eastern Time.
MSV-Elite goes from midday on Friday until midday on Wednesday, 5 and a half jam-packed, information-packed, and adventure-packed days.
Being a dietary vegan over 18 who satisfactorily completes the application, reads or listens to the 6 required books (list sent upon acceptance), and listens to 21 hours of the Main Street Vegan podcast qualifies you for the course.
MSV-Zoom is $1195. MSV-Elite is $2195. We take all credit cards and can work with PayPal Credit. Please apply only if you are serious about attending and you have the means to cover your tuition.
We are located in South Harlem half a block from the #2 and #3 subway line, easily accessible from the Upper West Side. Upon acceptance to the MSV-Elite program, we send you a list of nearby accommodations in a variety of price ranges, either within walking distance or an easy subway or Lyft/Uber/taxi ride away.
Each class is discretely scheduled to accommodate instructor availability. Generally speaking, for MSV-Elite, you’ll be in class from approximately 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm on Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:30p.m. Sat.-Tues., and 8:30 a.m. to 1 pm on Wednesday. If you want to make this a vacation in NYC, we recommend adding a day or two onto your trip. MSV-Zoom goes from 10 to 4:30 U.S. Eastern Time.
There are terrific classes out there and MSVA celebrates all our colleagues in their important work. Among MSVA's shining features are: (1) We cover every aspect of vegan living, equipping you with well-rounded expertise; (2) We inspire you to actively use your VLCE to change this world for the better; (3) You’re free to disseminate these ideas in your own way; (4) If you wish to stay connected through the Main Street Vegan private Academy Facebook group, private mailings, graduate projects and other events, we're here for you for the duration; (5) Although we offer an in-depth master class for graduates every two years, no continuing education is required to keep you a VLCE in good standing; and (6) If you opt for the MSV-Elite program, in person in New York City, you'll be treating yourself to a once-in-a-lifetime experience you'll remember forever and that just might change your life.
The MSV-Zoom program is live online. The MSV-Elite is in person only and requires that you spend 6 days in New York City. Satisfactory completion of either course option leads to the VLCE (Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator) certification.
Marty Davey, MS, RD
Robert Ostfeld, MD
Chef Fran Costigan
Doc G (Fred Beasly II)
Your instructors include major voices in the vegan/plant-based world. Among them are:
- Robert Ostfeld, MD, cardiologist, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Joshua Katcher, fashion designer, BraveGentleman
- Chef Fran Costigan, noted pastry chef, author, Vegan Chocolate
- Doc G (Fred Beasley II), director, NYC Hip Hop Is Green
- JL Fields, VLCE, author and consultant
- Marty Davey, MS, RD, registered dietitian, University of South Carolina
- Mariann Sullivan, JD, NYU Law School professor, cofounder Our Hen House
- David Benzaquen, CEO, Ocean Hugger Foods; director emeritus, Plant-Based Solutions
- Tatiana Forero-Puerta, philosophy professor, author Yoga for the Wounded Heart
- Martin Rowe, publisher, Lantern Books, fellow, Brighter Green Environmental Action Tank
- John Joseph, Ironman triathlete and lead singer, The CroMags
- Sharon Nazarian, BigCityVegan.com
Founder and Director Victoria Moran
Victoria Moran is a force of nature. At 14, armed with credentials from a teen magazine, she attended her first Beatles press conference. She’s been surprising herself ever since.
Victoria went vegan in 1983; overcame a binge-eating disorder; in 1985 wrote Compassion the Ultimate Ethic, the first book about vegan philosophy and practice to come from an actual publisher; raised a vegan daughter (aerialist and stunt performer, Adair Moran); wrote 12 additional books and has another on the way; and appeared twice on Oprah.
Her books including Main Street Vegan, Creating a Charmed Life, Shelter for the Spirit, and The Love-Powered Diet have been praised by Neal Barnard, MD, Ellen Degeneres, musician Moby, filmmaker Michael Moore, Dean Ornish, MD, Marianne Williamson, and former President Bill Clinton.
Victoria hosts the award-winning Main Street Vegan Podcast, was voted Peta’s Sexiest [Female] Vegan Over 50 in 2016, and she is lead producer of the 2019 documentary, A Prayer for Compassion, available on Vimeo and AmazonPrime.
Some Of Our Graduates
We have some 450 graduates from 28 countries on 6 continents. Here are a few of them:
Check out some of our grads' sites and businesses:
Location for the MSV-Elite course:
New York City
4 weekends, June/July/August
4 weekends, February/March
July 16-21, 2021
- This course is designed to help you guide others to thrive with a vegan lifestyle. While you will receive at least 4.5 hours of health and nutrition training, you will not be a nutritionist. Being a certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator does NOT qualify you to provide medical advice or treat any illness. Any person looking to undergo a major change in diet should consult a licensed healthcare professional.
- This is also not a culinary program: your expertise upon completion of this course will be to teach, guide, and counsel individuals and groups about vegan eating and living, as well as align the entrepreneurial gifts and talents you may bring to the table with your desire for extended vegan outreach.
- While we give you a jam-packed educational experience and the support of our active alumni group afterwards, we make no guarantees about what any graduate will or will not accomplish upon completion of our program. Many of our graduates have successful practices and/or vegan businesses — and we can put you in touch with some of these if you’d like. We cannot, however, promise this outcome for everyone, nor do we promise that any graduate will necessarily earn income as a result of taking this course.
- This is a certification program in which individuals who are already vegan learn to teach and counsel others. It is not a how-to-go-vegan course. If you’re looking for this kind of help, check out the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, free and online, from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Subscribe and get the latest news