Three minutes before today’s live show, I learned that the scheduled guest and I had different dates on our calendars. I could have opted for the engineer at Unity Online Radio to play an archived episode, but I really wanted to announce the exciting Meatless May initiative that Main Street Vegan Academy is doing, so I put out a frantic plea for people to call in, and what resulted was an absolutely wonderful program, featuring three certified Vegan Lifestyle Coaches and Educators — Sha-hanna Soaper, VLCE, Rachel Borkowski, VLCE, and Heather Dahman VonDarling, VLCE — plus the inspiring vegan clergywoman Rev. Carol Saunders, and the inimitable John Pierre, trainer to the stars but far more than that, a truly great soul with wisdom and love to spare.
*NOTE: The live course started last week. However, replays are available and they continue to welcome registration.
Heather Dahman VonDarling
Rev. Carol Saunders
Meatless May is Underway!
Until June 30th, Main Street Vegan-certified coaches are offering free consults via phone or email, in English or Spanish, to all who request these. Simply fill out the form here. In addition, Meatless May includes free webinars (also in both English and Spanish), free cooking classes from JL Fields, VLCE, and more. If you have a question on any aspect of vegan eating or living, or if you or someone you know would just like to eat less meat and you’re unclear about meal plans, recipes, pleasing picky children, or whatever else is going on, just fill out the short contact form and a certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator will provide you with one-on-one, personal answers.
- Meatless May plant-based eating Zoom seminars (English), May 16, 4 pm & May 19 @ 8 pm
- Meatless May plant-based eating Zoom seminars (Spanish), May 16, 6 pm & May 18 @ 8 pm
- Dr. Rao’s Prayer for Compassion Reunion Webinar, May 23 – more information to come on ClimateHealers.org
- Veganism and Indian Thought Webinar with Dr. Sailesh rao and Gopal Patel, May 3 @4 pm – more information to come
- Newfane, NY (Buffalo area), June 28 ~ Kiss a Cow Day, Asha Sanctuary
- Johnstown, PA, July 1-5 ~ Vegan Summerfest
- Richardson, TX, August 29-30 ~ Food as Medicine Summit & Expo
- Kansas City (Unity Village), MO, September 10-13, 2020 ~ Vegan Spirituality Forum & Retreat
A shoutout to our sponsor, Complement. Developed by vegan dietitian Dr. Pamela Fergusson, and the NoMeat Athlete, Matt Frazier, Complement enables you to get your vitamin B12, vitamin D3, and the essential Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA & EPA) in an easy once-a-day spray. Click here for more info and to order. Use the code MAINSTREETVEGAN for a 10% discount.
And now the good folks of Complement have a new product: Complement Plus, a supplement in tablet form that includes all the nutrients in Complement spray, along with zinc, iodine, selenium, magnesium, and vitamin K2. Essential for blood clotting, healthy bones, and heart health, the only plant-food source of vitamin K2 is natto, an obscure, fermented soy food and one that is definitely an acquired taste (and smell). To get Complement Plus at a discount, simply go to https://www.lovecomplement.com